Thursday, March 07, 2013

A little craft project

So JD and I made a spring door wreath out of egg cartons! I saw it on Pinterest, of course. I had a bunch of egg cartons that I felt like I could do something crafty with. This is what I had in mind when I started:
http://www.pinkstripeysocks.com/2012/11/diy-egg-carton-wreath.html


However, we got started and it turned out totally different in the end!

The beginning...

It was a huge mess!


The pieces before we painted them.




JD painted all the leaves and a few of the flowers too!




 Originally I was going to use cardboard, that I had cut into a ring, as the base part of the wreath. However, when I started putting the flowers on the cardboard I thought it look terrible.

 I remembered this picture frame I got at a second hand store for less than $1!


 So I sanded it down a bunch and then glued the flowers and some ribbon on it.


 Totally different that what I had planned but it works and JD and I had a fun time making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment