Sad that I missed so many weeks, but we have had a lot going on. Here is 22 weeks!
Our baby's the size of a papaya!During month five, the average fetus measures about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces
Now that he/she's got more developed eyes and lips, he's looking even more like a newborn.
He/her sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!).
- Stretch marks and maybe even a brand-new "outtie." These come with the explanding belly territory. (no outie here).
- Steady weight gain -- about 1/2 pound each week from here on out. (we will see about that at the next dr. apt., feels like more though :( )
- Minor swelling in your hands and feet. (especially at night)
- Back aches, due to extra pressure from baby and carrying around the extra weight. (you can say that again! Along with hip pain and a never ending calf cramp)
- Hair growth (maybe in strange places -- sorry!). Thank you hormones. (have not really noticed it much yet)
- Trouble catching your breath, as baby continues to crowd your lungs.